Thread: The Auto Fold
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:14 AM

Default Re: The Auto Fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a theory that most players are only capable of noticing and remembering how maybe two or three opponents are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember to factor in that many players tend to play the same. They just aren't really that different to really worry about the very minor subtleties.

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is an enormous amount to be said for being so nondescript and boring that no one thinks about you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

True to a point. Eventually, even the live ones will realize the tight rock at the table. They also, through repetition, tend to remember the guys who seem to always cash out with some sugar.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty quiet at the table, and play pretty tight. More than a few times I've had the table joker point out that I have entered the pot (usually with a raise) and say something like "uh, oh, gotta watch out, HE raised!". And ya know what? People still call. The joker might call just cos he wants to gamble and/or cos he might wanna put a beat on the "rock." Others call because...well, because they like to call.

I would never say to pass up a legitimate way to increase EV, but imho, this article's tactics would be more just to lighten things up and have fun and create a less serious image (which may or may not help EV) than to get value.

I do think the article is pretty much filler, but not too bad.