View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Voluntary mutual aid associations >>government \"solution\"

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how it could still be so little.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amazing what the free market can do. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The point of government intervention in the first place was explicity to raise prices. This is documented history. Prices started raising before the advancements you speak of, and that was point of the government intervention.
[ QUOTE ]
The services medecine provide now, compared to the turn of last century, have increased at a rate far, far greater than inflation. Getting an MRI isn't cheap

[/ QUOTE ]
So have cars, computers, TVs and a thousand other products. Some how hundreds of milions of people consume them with ease. That might be different if computer companies lobbied congress.

As the article states, one days wages covered health care for a year (for lower class workers!). Even if that number was tripled, it still makes insurance cheap enough for anyone who wants it to consume.
[ QUOTE ]
Ditto malpractice insurance, which I'm afraid is here to stay as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Malpractice is just one example of how [censored] up government law is. I know a friend of a friend who has stopped practicing medicine because of the insurance. We need heavy reform in that particular area. That alone would lower health care and health insurance in the states.