View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: What\'s the correct ruling on this situation?

It seems pretty clear to me at least that the hand is live. He already went all in and there is no way to "fold" or muck the hand at this point considering his cards didn't even touch anything else. I believe if he never showed his cards and then threw his hand into the pile of cards, his hand would then be "dead" I believe. But I think thats the only way to kill his hand.

I have a question though: Is the "big mouth" that informed him that he could catch two spades THAT wrong in doing so? I know people say he should keep his mouth shut, and so I don't blurt things out like that. However, I also don't really get that mad at people that do, EVEN if it cost me my pot. I feel like the cards determined the winner, and even if the guy says nothing, won't the dealer give the pot to the "correct" winner anyways? It's like a stranger pointing out that you recieved too much change for your purchase...then the cashier takes some money back. Of course you might think "mind your damn business!" but at the same time, it wasn't really right for you to knowingly take the extra change in the first place. I've seen arguments over pots like this and it actually annoys me that the person is trying so hard to get a pot that's not his. Seems kinda shady to me. Am I wrong here?