View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Prove Poker is a Skill Game?

In my opinion in Blackjack there is only one way mathmatically to play correctly meaning it involves only discipline to play correctly becase mathmatically there in only one correct way to play, If you inclided card counting the game requires a lot of skill, but that is mathmatical and statistical analysis skills as opposed to the skill of reading into human isight based on body language that skill plus statistical analysis is involved in poker plus memory of betting and pattern analysis. SO I belive poker requires much more skill than blackjack.

Also if there is only one intellegent way to play a game with one path to victory the game has relativly no skill at all, in the case of blackjack playing with optimum strategy you still lose in the long run (excluding card counting) and even playing carzy you still lose in the long run. Yes there is skill but only one skill and a non-thinking computer and a human. In poker there is more than one path to victory making it more skilled. Thats what I belive.