Thread: Hmm...
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Hmm...

Negreanu often says so many different things, one after the other, that one of his scenarios is usually correct. Sort of like when those guys that claim to be talking to your dead uncle Ralph, say stuff like: "I'm sensing that your uncle died unexpectedly in his sleep, or perhaps fell asleep while driving his car. No...well then he had a stroke or heart-attack? Yes. Good, because he just told me that."

Many other times (like on High Stakes Poker or NBC Heads-Up, etc.), Negreanu does only mention one possibility, but often ignores it, even though his hunch was 100% correct. It happens quite often when he plays against Matusow.

Sexton is a drama king. So, anytime someone makes a good read he screams, "Wow! That's some great poker we're seeing here tonight, Vince." He did that for the entire WPT Canadian Open at Fallsview, which had many amateurs at the table.

It doesn't matter if a pro or amateur made the good play, Sexton will let everybody know how GREAT it was! Sexton is a great salesman. Perhaps some wrestling commentary could be in his future.

I like Sexton, but am already tired of his repetitive phrases, just like in the WPT PS2 video game. Still, he's good at keeping things lively and I like his analysis and criticism most of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]