View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: the dream thread or: how crazy is your subconscious?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I had this a few months ago. Worst dream I've ever had.

I dreamt I was at a water palace thing with my youngest son, who wanted to go down the water slide. I told him to go down one, and I went down the other. But as I slid down, lying down, it got narrower and narrower, and I got stuck. With my arms stuck by my sides. Then I realised the water was getting past me slower than it was pouring down, and it was slowly filling up. I woke up with a huge jump when it got to my mouth. I was sweating.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know nothing about dream interpertation, but here goes.

could this have something to do with feeling overwhelmed by parental responsibilities?

i mean, you're with your son and he's on a separate slide than you, so you're temporarily apart.

and you get stuck because the slide is too small...hmmm...could that be because maybe you think you don't fit someone else's criteria, like that's too narrow?

and almost drowning, i think that generally indicates being overwhelmed by something out of your control.

yeah...the hell if i know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes spot on about the stuff out of my control. I was under the gun for 3 large bills all coming semi-unexpectedly at once when I had this, one for painting my house, one for a holiday, one for a HUGE car service that was $3,500+. I was also having problems in my business with a partner. I take great pride in providing for my family without getting into debt or even ever bothering my wife with financial issues like 'honey, I need to get a loan' after I'd already told her I had it all covered (the car thing was the real problem here), and the only way out of this without getting a loan, and I was quite low about it.

Funnily enough, a few days ater I scored big win in a tourney which covered enough of this so that I didn't need a loan.

Poker is good.