Thread: Hmm...
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Hmm...

Are poker announcers biased purposely? I'm watching the WPT Bellagio Five Diamond World Poker Classic and a hand came up with Daniel Negreanu. Now Daniel Negreanu is probably one of my favorite poker players but I'm using this as an example.

Basically an amateur pushes all in on a Qh Qc Th 4h board with 87s on a bluff. Daniel is sitting there with AcKh deciding to make the call. Now I'm not complaining about his call or anything but he sat there thinking his opponent had trip queens, even maybe a boat. After pondering for awhile he finally calls and says "I know I'm probably beat." After he makes the call Sexton talks about how it was an amazing call and it shows how good Daniel felt out his opponent.

But wait, Daniel was talking outloud when he was "feeling" his opponent. He said he thought he was beat but he knew he had outs. If Daniel sat there, pondered and said , "Wow I really think your bluffing right now," then made the call it would be a different story. But I wonder if an unknown made that call would they call him lucky?

I tried to explain it the best I could.