View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: What should the dealer do? What would you want them to do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a ridiculous answer. If the dealer doesn't tap the table, will you call the floorperson and ask that they adopt your personal dealing procedures?
This is something I see at the tables all the time-- a player who does not know dealing procedures (but thinks he does) giving the dealer a hard time.
You should be more concerned with the dealers who have to tap the table in order to keep up on the action (It is a defensive procedure....the dealer is not sure if action is completed and is giving the players one last chance to keep him from making a mistake)
Even more ridiculous are the dealers who tap the table heads up, or when there are 3 players...and they all check. That's pathetic. And it is not in dealer manuals.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty new here so you may not realize but Randy has many years' experience working in and running poker rooms. If he says that a dealer should always tap then there's a good, real world reason for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...we know what the reason is...his dealers are not well trained. Rather than giving them proper training, he tells them to tap the table.
Whether I am new here or not has little relevance to professional dealing techniques. Nor does Randy's experience in poker. But you don't know my experience, yet you make an assumption that the new guy must be wrong....because Randy has been doing it this way for a long time. Lots of people in poker do things incorrectly for a long time. That's the probem.
But if he wants a room full of dealers that can't follow the action to continually tap or pound the table....I guess he can have it.