View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: interesting 3 way (dry sidepot) hand v. tay 25/50

[ QUOTE ]
If you are behind on the turn, and you check, he is going to bet the river, and you are going to have a very tough decision and probably pay off. If you bet this turn and he raises or calls and leads river, you can make a safe fold. So either way, if you are behind on the turn, you are still probably putting the same amount of money in and it doesnt matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Main problem i'd see with that is that if you are betting the turn you can be moved off the best hand if taylor is putting you on an over pair and has the 7 and feels he's trapped you once you bet the turn committing yourself. Instead of using that bet on the turn to "see where we are" I would prefer to definitely use it to either value bet river or call his river lead into us because by using that bet we would have made on the turn on the river we are making it to showdown at a higher frequency and not missing out on any value (unless after taylor calls a turn bet you are shoving the river... which I don't really think has too much value if he views us as a weak player... and can also be losing us even more money for when he's letting us hang ourselves).

Just my opinion.