View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Razz: Facing aggro on 5th/6th when ahead

Interesting side note related to the OP's observations.

I was playing live razz this weekend (gotta love the WSOP) when this situation came up time and time again while I was in a hand. The opponent would re-raise me because his board looks better "I have a T low and you caught a K, I'm ahead" is what they think in their minds. I would of course give him lots of extra action with re-raises and make my hand most of the time to their bewilderment, little did they know they were behind all along. I was perceived to be the big lag at the table, when in reality I was willing to get my money in the pot with hands that I was a statistical favorite to win and my opponents couldn't see beyond their own boards on the current street.

I so rarely play Razz live so its kind of refreshing to see the bewildered faces that I can only imagine exist when similar situations occur on the internet. I love hearing them whisper to each other about how I am a crazy player who caps when my board pairs and somehow gets there on 7th street, its very good for the meta game and my image at the table - they gave me much more action than they seemed to give the others because of this, all of which is of course in my (and your) best interest in the game.