View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: The future is so pretty

Very cool. This is going to be extremely popular and widely used. I liked the panoramic view of the Rockies, btw.

Like you said, just a wonderful way to make a video of an event cross referencing other people's personal photos, documenting a place or event in time. I like this idea very much.

lol at how this guy talks so fast. Love his geek speak. Metaverse? Cross modal, cross user social experience [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

It also has implications for Big Brother type encroachments on your 'personal' freedom, with the almost exponential growth of personal recording media devices (especially mobile/cell phones). Given that the average Londoner is captured over 300 (I think it's 300) times a day on surveilance cameras, just think how you could build a video of an average persons day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell yeah it has implications. I imagine the government is going to love this type of tool to build visual databases and timelines of people they are interested in keeping an eye on. Yes, definitely will be useful to police and FBI.