View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Barona 1/2 NL With A Chopped Pot?

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum because the table is $20-$60 max.

I'm in small blind with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG raises to $4, 3 players call, I complete to $4 and so does the BB. Pot = $17

Flop : J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead out betting $10. BB thinks for a while and calls. Everyone sle folds. Pot = $37

Turn : A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I push in my remaining $46 (BB has me covered).

==================

Today was the first time I've ever played where I felt I had a grasp of the whole table. I was floating around even after a few bad beats but my reads were spot on all day. I had pushed people off hands several times when an ugly card came and I had nothing.

BB had mentioned to me a few times during the session that he had no clue what I was playing most of the time. No reason to slow play on this table ebcause there were some calling stations, but they could still be pushed off a hand if need be.

I was confident once BB called and everyone else folded on the flop that I had the best hand. I put BB on JT. The Ace meant that we were chopping, I was confident in that. So I pushed my remaining stack in to try and get him to fold.

=================

So, was I correct in pushing when I was confident we were chopping?

Does your answer change knowing that I had pushed BB off of two earlier hands where he had me beat and showed him both times? I'm not a big fan of showing but he was a cool dude and we were talking all session.