View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Question RE: High stakes cash games at Rio during WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
biggest limit game i've seen is 400-800... biggest NL game i've seen is 50-100... there's also been 25-50 PLO with very deep stacks... They have a sort of box in the middle of the cash game area where it is very easy to railbird...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. As an aside, I did get Greg Raymer to come sit in my/our 2/5NL game for about 2 hours while he waited for his 100/200 Badugi/mixed game, that was right next to the high-limit area. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you WANT Raymer sitting into your 2/5NL game?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, why not? I mean, and this may come as a shock to some of you, but poker is all work, all the time. I thought it'd be fun and it was. Just sucked that I was entirely card dead the whole time. I was able to take a pot from him when my T9c u/i on a 246h flop, but that was it.

As for how he is as a cash game player, he seemed reasonable, but only one big hand vs a nice, drunk fella to my left who mucked QJo on a Qxxxx board and was pushed by GR...who showed his KK. He didn't really get involved in too many hands, so from that limited experience, it's really hard to say. Although he was a friendly guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]