View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: What is your motivation to make more money?

I want to make enough money so my money makes me money ...

I also had the by-30 millionaire dream ... I'm 28 now and I'm not out of the debt hole ... I still work for the same company, and I really like my job ... I make a good amount of money and some day the stock options will become liquid ... at that point the money will be less than I thought it would be when I was dreaming at 21, but it will still be enough to take me to the next level of making money

If you're about to turn 23, I would work very hard at laying out a foundation / roadmap to reach your goals at 30 ... otherwise you'll always be dreaming ... it's very important that you realize now what it's going to take to get to your goal at 30 ... you may think it's getting so good at poker that you're beating 25/50 on up for a decent clip ... you may think it's founding the next web 2.0 company and selling it 18 months later ... whatever it is, it's your dream ... just make sure you know what it's going to take to capitalize should you be on the horizon of reaching your dream

Also, take it from me that it's ok if goals / dreams change ... if you're still playing poker at 25 and nowhere near halfway to your goal, re-evaluate ... you haven't failed ... life isn't over if you haven't "made it" at 30 ... truth is you should always be educating yourself so you can take advantage of opportunities that come along during your quest ... some day you might find yourself with 10x your goal and it could have come from something completely unrelated to your original plan ...

Health is important ... education is important ... sanity is important ... fun is important ... friends & family is important ... lots and lots of dreams & goals is important ...

It's hard to achieve them all, but it's quite an accomplishment to achieve some of them