View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Taking out a prosper loan to buy stocks

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand why you would not at least use margin. Do you even know what it is? You're saying you are buying blue chips. If you only borrowed 2/3 of your original amount you could get a better rate on the other 1/3 and deduct it.

Honestly I think you are a fool. Do you know remember or have never read about corrections or crashing? There was one earlier this decade and the market looks pretty pricey now. Of course your plan might work, then again you could bring all $25,000 to a craps table and put it all on don't pass and the shooter could toss snakeeyes on the come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am considering using margin as well. I only have about $4k of stocks currently though so I won't be able to take out very much on margin without this loan.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice all. I am listening to what you guys say but admit i was being overly-defensive last night.

I realize there are risks involved. I'm not looking to be completely diversified and just get an 8-10% return. I already have a 401k and Roth that I am being conservative with. I am looking to take on more risk for hopefully more reward (but I'm not going to be gambling with penny stocks or something here -- i'm still investing in well-established companies who I think will greatly outperform the market -- such as NTDOY) -- of course how I will do is up for debate and only time will tell.