View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Correct river decision after villian check behind...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet/call. Let him call with AJ/AK here. I don't buy a bluff from him either.

If he has diamonds, they're big ones. So I think he might bet them again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. I would never b/f in this spot against this guy but I think I wuzz out too much and c/c. Ty Danza!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, good, I b/c, but I thought it was probably wrong. Cool, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think b/c is probably wrong Brass. For me this is either a B/F or C/C decision given that specific river card. If I dont trust this guy I check/call and let him bluff/bet with whatever hand he could have. Since I like showing down against most opponents, I am check/calling that specific river most of the time. Paying two bets on the river is too much here. In general, whenever someone runs the freecard play against you on a flush draw flop and the flush card hits the river, paying 2 bets on the river with one pair will be giving too much action. There are plenty of exceptions to this idea as there are exceptions to any strategy playing poker, but most of time you should be check/calling or bet/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

ILP you are my Hero and I have learned so much from your posts the last 18 months.

But applying any strategy that involves folding in this spot with that action against a villain of that description is just plain horrible IMO.