Thread: TT - Argh!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: TT - Argh!

[ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of it is my own false perception. Because I am quite tight (15%) when I do get big PP's (KK+) I ralrely let go of them- and this gets me into trouble. And when I get medium PP, I limp- which lets every man and his dog in to the flop- and then I get paranoid about every o/c on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing under 1/2 and your vpip is 15% you are too tight and missing value.

I think you are projecting your own tightness onto other players which is a fairly common mistake; thinking that everyone plays like you do. Just because you would never raise A4o from EP doesn't mean you won't run into people who will. The range of hands someone will raise pre-flop with is much, much wider than you are giving them credit for and your med PP are in good shape against them pre-flop. This will often change on the flop, but often it won't and you will still have the best hand.

For the next 3 or 4 session you play don't limp 99 or TT, raise them. If you are watching a hand that was raised pre-flop and you folded, think about how you would play 99, TT in that hand. See what happens. If you do what you've done you'll get what you got, so change things up a bit.