Thread: TJs button
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: TJs button

[ QUOTE ]
We all come to that realization eventually. Multiple times. Don't get discouraged.

Preflop, while some of us would argue to raise suited Broadways for value, since you're clearly still working things out in your game overlimping is fine.

On the flop, you have J-high and only backdoor draws. Your hand officially sucks now. You invested a nickel with a mostly-speculative hand, and your pony crashed through the gate, crapped all over the track and broke its leg. Put it out of its misery and fold. You'll almost never convince five! opponents all to lay down to your aggression, and the odd time you do will never make up for the bets you spew every time it doesn't work.

However, there is some good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico (lol geicrolled), and you also got the free card you were looking for. Remember this, and next time when you're on the button and the flop comes more like Q94, you can raise for that free card with a solid draw and see two cards for one extra SB. That's investing wisely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marchron, KingOtter and AW.....

Can I just say thanks for replies like this. It's these type of explanations that help the OP, me and loads of others who are trying to feel our way through the (seemingly) endless fog. They're certainly a LOT more constructive, motivating and inspirational than the many one-liners you read on this board. It's so obvious that there are posters that are trying to help others and posters that are just trying to amuse themselves or others.

I have lost count of the number of times I have thought about giving up- but I don't. I keep at it. And it posts like these that make it worthwhile. Cheers.