Thread: QJs
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: QJs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop play is problematic. A raise would have helped a lot clarifying the other players. Given that you have just called, I would be inclined to fold to the MP2 bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm... no...!! (hint: What are your chances of flopping a decent hand - what odds are you getting?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess your "no" is meant for my last sentence. That I think I understand given the numbers of players in the flop and just one call needed to see the flop.

Do you think my first line of a possible raise is also rubbish or would you consider that possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically never fold for one pf. If you put any $$$ in the pot, you'll just about always get better odds with the rais (though of course, you need to adapt postflop to the strengh that his pfr likely indicates).

About the rest of your initial post: Scared! I'd never put someone on KQ or AQ because with those hands, he should 3bet the flop or raise the turn or do anything to do the strengh of his hand justice by putting money in. Based on the action, villain "should" hold some underpair or AK/AJ, certainly nothing that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the details - another day of losing illusions about my play. Still cheaper than learning on a real game. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]