Thread: QJs
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: QJs

[ QUOTE ]
King otter, i would probably have folded to a re-raise on the flop, or called, and checked the turn, though with 8 outs to a straight it would be hard to fold the turn too.
u also get 10 bonus points for reading villains hand, well done :P
This happens to me quite a lot, that i have TPMK, raise on the flop, and the other guy goes 'oh no', then just calls down, and my rage level rises. Which is why im wondereing wether this is too aggressive, or they are just being too passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a symptom of playing dominated hands like QJ too much. They're problem hands, and hard to get away from when you flop top-pair and so they cost you more money than they're really worth.

That's why this is a fold pre-flop in EP with 2 folds to you. QJs you want to play with 4+ people, and you want to flop a redraw to a big hand like a flush or a straight. With aggressive people behind you open-limping in is a dangerous thing.

You played it well postflop, considering, but if you had gotten any push back you should have folded. I'm thinking primarily turn/river. I wouldn't have folded the flop for one more, but called and then check/folded the turn UI.

IMO he also played his hand well, because if he had pushed back he would have lost bets (hopefully).