View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: The Asshat Parents Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do schools like this consistently have better teachers than public schools?

[/ QUOTE ]

the private schools would say they do, but i don't think it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Private and wealthy public schools get way, way more applicants for their openings. I'm pretty sure they pull better teachers out of that pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a private school in the small town I grew up in. The people that go there are the sons and daughters of rich Mexican's because the town is a border town. The school doesnt ask for any papers or proof of residency as long as you pay their fees. In my experience they pay a lot less than public schools. Since they pay much less than public schools, less people apply. There is also a lot more corruption in that school because it is a private school. The teachers are not always asked for their credentials if they know the right people. I had a friend in high school who currently works at the school without any degree. His mother is the vice principle. I dont know if that is her official title, but she is basically number 2 in command at the school. He is not very sharp and has only taken a few math classes in a community college so he is far from qualified. I think this private school is really a reflection of how most private schools work. If they dont have to ask for papers, what would stop a private school from hiring the sons and daughters of their higher ups? All private schools are allowed to police themselves. I would think it would only be natural for there to be massive corruption if no one is watching them. I also read a study somewhere that said most private schools had teachers with poor credentials and basically hired all the teachers the public schools rejected because they couldnt offer the benefits public schools offer or the salaries, which meant they couldnt get enough applicants. Ill try to find that study. I know I read it a few years back.