Thread: K J os $5/10
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 PM

Default K J os $5/10

I know that a huge weakness of mine is that I refuse to bluff or end up just calling raises oop on flops like this and then c/f when things don't go my way. My read on villan is that he's 2p2 but that's just based on stats and I have no significant read on him (which is another big weakness of mine that I'm trying to correct, but that's not the point of this post).

My point is that I'm wondering if anyone 3 bets this flop and follows the bluff on the turn folding easily to a turn raise if I don't catch a J Q K or 9 on the turn in order to get villan to fold whatever piece of the flop he has on the river.

Again I have no specific read on villan, but he probably views me as a little weak because I refuse to 3 bet when I miss flops like this . . . in other words, with QQ here I 3 bet all day, but with AK I b/c the flop raise from BB who I assume is 2p2.

Pre-flop discussion is pretty worthless given what I've written above.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB