View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Property investing in the UK

personally i see UK interest rates rising till mortgages become highly unattractive. this obv in turn lowers the house prices. additionally a global economic downturn will lead to drop in house prices.

tbh property in the UK was wise the past 10 years or so, now i'd recommend looking abroad for better property investments. berlin for example is supposed to rise in the coming years. look at areas for attractive areas of eastern europe where tourism should rise due to the increased ease of flying, for example easyjet should be increasing their flights to romania, and romania is supposed to have some attractive areas.

if i were to go into property as you want to, i'd go buy large houses in university towns, split them up into as many rooms as possible and rent out. the lowest level of rent, which students typically pay, will be hit the least in a property downturn, and demand is always high from students, especially if you buy them in the better locations.

anyways, this is all very based upon what ive read and from what ive discussed with friends.

gl.