View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Road Rage Suggestion

It didn't seem dangerous to write the message. If I didn't realize I had the supplies for this handy in the glovebox, it wouldn't have worked.

I'm a bit curious about the claim that this was how you got in an accident. Writing a note to another motorist? Sweet.

I don't see the relevance of the 4-way stop sign shot thing, this is merely a way to ask someone to consider wtf they are trying to accomplish when being a jackass unsafe/impatient driver.

As for merging, I could be wrong, but it seems that the problem with traffic jams when merging is that people wait to funnel into 2 lanes from 3. I feel that if people gradually do this over the course of a half mile to a mile or so, everyone can keep their speed. But when people jump right to the merge point, they have to jam on their brakes and try to knife in.

Perhaps a traffic theorist could shed some light, but it just seems like the clusterf&** happens right at the spot when the lane ends, and the times when people have orderly merged in advance, things seem generally faster.