View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

I doubt bkk is much hotter than Phuket. It's not that hot--you get used to it pretty quickly. I wear pants every day and often long sleeves as well. If you were walking around all day with a backpack or something you would be miserable, but you're mostly just moving from air-conditioned environment to air-conditioned environment.

There's maybe a 1 in a million chance you could be playing poker in an internet cafe and a cop could walk by and try to extort some money from you. My plan in this situation is just to point out the thousands and thousands of baht in play at the tables. It couldn't possibly be real money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd be more concerned about key loggers and [censored]. Obviously playing from your room is way better than sitting in an uncomfortable chair with a bunch of randoms. Sometimes hotel wifi can be slow to the point of unplayability though.

edit: yeah, it's not that hot by Australian standards but obviously it will seem hotter since it's winter in Australia now.