View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Personal security, disaster prepardness, and what are you doing?

[ QUOTE ]
For a bugout bag you'll need a good first-aid kit. Also, your needs will vary pretty dramatically depending on whether you live in an urban area vs. a rural one.

I'm assuming you carry a cellphone, but I would put a prepaid cell in your bugout bag as well along with a map/compass. Also stick some meal replacement bars in your pack, you can eat them before they expire and replace them as needed (assuming you live in a fairly populated area where you'll have easy access to food).

I think preparing for the first few days (maybe a week) is all that's really necessary, considering that if the disaster is massive enough that you're unable to access supplies/shelter within a week, a bugout bag isn't going to do you much good for longterm survival.

Check this website out for a ton of good information.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet thats the type of stuff I was looking for. Im in an urban area. how far do you go with this kind of stuff? my dad has a huge garage, abotu 12 or 13 cars, with an office, adn a bunch of crap, so I will be ableto store stuff. he already has like 8 generators, all kinds of propane heaters, crap like that, that he got for cheap, and sells, so it varies (ie, he isnt doing it for preparedness). but how much stuff, and how far do you go before you are hitting paranoia/doing too much.