View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The 45/30 will screw me in the long run, but just burn their money against fishy calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt be too sure of this. First, there is a huge difference between various LAGs, some are good and some are just terrible.

By the looks of Schneids video I wouldnt be surprised if he was running at at least 40/30 even 5-6 handed.

It is not entirely impossible for the 45/30 guy to adapt to calling stations and still make a profit from TAGs by out manouvering them postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like 45/30s either. For example, I have limited experience playing against Spider at 5-10, 10-20, and 15-30

He has some insane looking PF stats, but he seems to be winning. I could be way off, but I know I won't actively seek out him to sit by him.

I like my VPIP of 60 to have a PFR of like 7

[/ QUOTE ]

Intuitively, it seems that at 45 VPIP could never make a profit in the long run even if they are playing well post-flop, but I could be wrong. It just seems that they can't make up that pre-flop spew post-flop, unless this really affects their Shania against bad TAGs. If I have position on a 45/30, I don't see him/her winning against me in the long run, even if they are better post. Someone said that the calling fish would own them in the long run and I tend to agree since they may be playing close to optimal. A 35/25 type player however could be dangerous if they are good and I would avoid them.

Given the choice of fish, I would of course choose the loose passive over the loose aggressive, but I don't think one is more profitable over the other on a pure theory level. The LAG is just higher variance and more tilt inducing.

Anybody with a VPIP over 50 is gold though, no matter the PFR. Anybody with a VPIP under 20 is just taking up space and I don't mind them at my table.