View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Personal security, disaster prepardness, and what are you doing?

[ QUOTE ]
tactical shotgun w/ a light is obv. best choice, sound like you already know that.

next on the list would be a 9mm glock with an M6 light/laser combo, and a high cap magazine. you're going to be full of adreneline when the time comes, and a 9mm is easier to control, and you'll have like 33 chances w/ the high capacity magazine. plus a laser dot on somebody might be enough to stop someone w/out having to shoot. maybe. you can also get some P++ rounds in 9mm that are pretty lethal, enough that smart people still argue they are better to carry than a .40 cal. no comment on who is right, but they're in the same ballpark at least. the glock is also more portable and lighter, if you need to travel any distances.

a little disclosure though, i think this stuff can be fun to plan for and talk about, but i have absolutely nothing of hte sort. i keep a mag-light in my car, that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Im worried about is penetration, with a handgun, thats whay I dont want to keep them for home protection, and think a shotgun w/ non lethal is the best way to go.