View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Personal security, disaster prepardness, and what are you doing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
something Ive been putting off for awhile is getting my disaster prepardness kit together, I have a crappy one, with some random stuff, water tabs, knife, cash, handgun, pancho, and flashlight/glow sticks. I want to put a more comprehensive kit together though, and would like to know what you guys think should go in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If such a disaster happened where you would really need such a kit, isn't the world already [censored] beyond repair?

For instance, what good would a kit have done to people in the 9th Ward of NO? I don't know, that's always been my opinion on things. I really don't see how a kit is going to help you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

a big part of how well these kits do their job is knowing how to use them, and being resourceful/creative. Ie, macguyver.

I have everything in my apratment right now, I actually forgot to ask that question too, should I have 3 kits, a car kit, one for the apartment, and one buried somewhere? What else should I put in the kits, Im going to a military surplus store tommorow to check more stuff out, 1 thing I dont have is a first aid kit. Any good books on the subject?

and if any of you gun guys would elaborate that subject, I have shot .22, a shot gun, and a revolver at the range (like 25 rounds). we had a gun range in HS, so Im a good shot with a .22. im thimking of finding a tactical shotgun w/ flash light, and a 18inch barrel? what else should I be going for?