View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Best pro without a major?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be biased by the current tournament, but Adam Scott.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would go A. Scott at number 1, followed by Sergio/Luke Donald/Pad Harrington/DiMarco in some order, with Monty being in there too. Who knows if Monty will get another shot after being excruciatingly close @ Winged Foot

[/ QUOTE ]

Not knocking you, but to me DiMarco is mentioned all the time for relatively little reason. Maybe the media trying to find Americans or something, maybe the performance down the stretch at the Masters. He has 3 career tour wins, one Nationwide win, one in Abu Dhabi. Brad Faxon has 8 tour wins for a comparison. Ben Curtis has 3 but has the one major which excludes him from this discussion, but highlights how much people talk about DiMarco although he has few wins and none in the US since 2002. Sergio Garcia has 6 tour wins plus more on the European Tour.

I tend to see Luke Donald or Adam Scott as guys who can break through. As far as young players without wins yet, I think Anthony Kim will end up winning tournaments and maybe a major or two. Ryan Moore maybe as well. First they have to win, which I expect Kim to do by the end of the 2008 season, if not at some event this summer or fall.