Thread: you be hero
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: you be hero

grunch

was this post intended to be played from villains POV?

If my thinking is off, please let me know.

I go ahead and raise this flop. What I gather from mile's posts is he is an excellent, very aggro/thinking player. His range here is much wider than mine in his spot, yet at the same time, my raising range on this flop includes just about any Ace-suited, KK/QQ.

argument for raising the flop...

I go ahead and raise this flop and I feel very confident this is correct. Granted, waiting for the turn cuts the limpers gutterballs etc. into -EV ville, but we are passing up a lot of value if we choose to just call here.

#1. The pot is a f'ing monster at 16 sb's... my only concern after seeing the flop is the best way to take it down, and as quickly as possible. If I could, I would turn my cards face up to Miles, to see how he reacts... the hand would play much easier [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Raising in this spot, we are clearly representing the Ace good kicker, but I would raise KK/QQ here as well. I'm not really messing around w/ much more than that.

--the only two options in my limited arsenal are
a.) raising the flop
b.) calling the flop, to raise the turn to cut odds on the limpers

raising the flop...
a.) we chase out BS single [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hands etc. that would be getting a monster price to peel.
b.) w/ Miles closing the action we could very well chase out gutshots, that are getting a great price to call here
c.) charge flush draws the max
d.) doesn't expose us to 3 BB's on the turn for the times Miles has AK etc...
e.) chases out small/mid pp's that are getting the right odds to peel
f.) I don't really care what the limpers do with Axs hands... fold or call... I'm happy with getting more money in here

if we were to wait for the turn to raise...
a.) the limpers are getting a good price on the flop w/ just about any 2 cards getting 18 to 1... this certainly includes gutters and high single diamond hands
b.) while mile's range is much wider than mine in this spot, waiting for the turn to raise is opening us up for several big bets when we are behind. (granted, if he were to flat call the raise on the flop, he is in great position to c/r the field on turn)
c.) even if we were to wait for the turn, the gutterballs would still be getting the right price (or close to... I'm drunk... drunk math is bad, I am still reasonable at spelling/typing though I see) to see the river.

Miles, a couple questions if you don't mind... I'm a regular lurker, sometime crappy poster... but I like your posts (just being honest, not trying to swing from the pubies)... what is your capping range here if BB is a semi-decent TAG? KQ+, AJ+, JJ+, AKo?

anyways, I like the post... got me thinking... we'll see how f'd up my thinking was shortly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]