View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Live 3/6 Take a Stab at the Flop, Check Turn, Value Bet River

This seemed pretty obvious to me. I'm just curious if anyone plays it different. Suits are irrelevant.

Preflop:
Folded to me in the CO (atypical, as this table would see 8-9 players in on the flop at times), Hero raises with JTo. Button calls. The blinds both fold.

Flop: A22 rainbow
Hero bets. Button calls.

Turn: 2
Check. Check.

River: T
Hero bets.

Button could have a lot of hands that missed that flop, so the stab at the flop representing an ace seems rudimentary. Most people aren't going call the flop without an ace, a deuce, or a pocket pair, and they are unlikely to have a deuce.

The turn seems like an obvious check-fold. I don't think it is at all worth it to fire another barrel here, since my opponent most likely made a full house. I check doing my darnedest to make my opponent fear that I may be slowplaying an ace. Who fires another bullet on a non-deuce turn?

Since my opponent checks behind, I'm pretty sure he has a pocket pair that wasn't big enough to three-bet preflop. If I had been the button, I would probably have bet after my check if I were holding a medium pair. Does anyone disagree with that bet?

Given my read on my opponent, bet-fold seems to be the obvious line to take on the river.