View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: DUI - A trip report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NEVER ADMIT TO DRINKING 1 DROP OF ALCOHOL AT ALL!!!!!!

This will help you in no way. The police are not going to let you go for being honest. If you say I had 1 half a beer 15 hours ago your going to get a sobriety test.

There is no passing a sobriety test. They only test that matters is the eye test and there is no faking that. The walkin crap is nonsense.

You may say "hey they smelled the alcohol I was screwed anyway" This may be true, but you would be suprised the situations you can get out of if you just stick to your guns and deny deny deny deny. If they do test you anyway telling them that you drank will not help you so dont do it.

IF YOU ADMIT TO DRINKING AT ALL THEY WILL AUTOMATICLY PULL YOU OUT OF YOUR CAR AND TEST YOU. NEVER ADMIT TO SUCH NONSENSE.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if you refuse everything, the field test, breathalyzer etc what is the punishment? I know your license gets suspended but are you convicted of anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

With a good lawyer you will probably get no other charge than maybe a traffic ticket if you were stopped for a "reason". You may also be able to get out the license supension if you have recieved everything and get out of the DUI charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the law in Illinois for a first time offender...
If you blow over .08, you are going to get a DUI conviction and a 3 month license suspension.
If you refuse chemical testing, you will very likely beat the DUI, but you get a 6 month suspension for not blowing.
Of course, the states/village attorney is always open to plea bargains.