View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Another Color-Up whoopsie or...?

[ QUOTE ]
Do what Raymer does.

Count Chips before leaving, count them on arrival before play.

If "wow I have too much" Give them back

(because you may not like the adjustment if they catch their mistake.)

If "WHY ARE MY FRACKING CHIPS MISSING !!" give them Hell.

Its just like not protecting you hand during play, it stands to reason you must protect you stacks just as vigorously during breaks.

Everybody loves to blame Harrahs for this crap but its no different than a dealer mucking cards inadvertently during a hand, it a human error that cost you money. To some degree you must make a modest effort to prevent it, so yeah bad Harrahs for messing up, but also bad player for not counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with the procedure that I can see from watching is that the Directors are not observing/supervising the color up.

Whenever a tournament gets to the money, whenever I played in one, you could always see the TD there observing, if not actually performing, the color up.

In 2005 one could see Johnny Grooms doing the final table color ups.

In 2004, no doubt Matt Savage did the same.

Years prior, no doubt Jack McClelland was visible during the process.

Last 2 years, no TD to be found. Which would be ok, except the floor staff beneath the TD has no idea what chips are worth, and has not been properly trained to know or even care.

When the players are playing for the money, the head cheese should be there making sure the procedures are done perfectly.