View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Atheism doesn\'t have to be a belief!

[ QUOTE ]
In this case your nonbelief in the FSM, tooth fairy, santa claus, etc. must also be a belief system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you don't believe in the FSM, tooth fairy or santa claus do you?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must the rejection of every nonverifiable claim that comes down the pike be considered a belief system?

If you believe it.

I don't see why so many people have wasted time arguing about this. Atheists have labeled themselves so to let other people know that they don't believe in God.
I can only think that the reason why so many 'people with non-belief in a God... jeesh' like arguing points like this is that they enjoy speaking in a way that's confusing, I think it makes them feel a little smarter than average joes who don't see the point in arguing moot points. I'm one of those joes I guess.

Post Extras

[/ QUOTE ]

Godboy,

If I state that I don’t believe that 2 plus 2 equals 5, I suppose I’m onto a profound belief system.