View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: DUI - A trip report

Guids,

I was referring to the posts calling the OP dumb, retarded and stupid, like they are somehow immune to making a bad decision after having a few beers. The only way to say you will "never" be arrested for DUI is if you don't drink. I should have been clearer.

DUI is a lottery if you drink, simple as that. I don't mean the alcoholic who does it all the time but the average guy who drives a date home after having a few at dinner, someone who drives a half mile from home for a pack of smokes after having a few watching the game, etc. One rolled stop sign, going a few mph's over the speed limit, anything that attracts the attention of a cop enough to pull you over. The cop is trained to look for things, especially drinking. If he smells it and asks, regardless of your answer, you're toast because he has already decided whats going to happen next. Once he gets you out of your car you might as well say goodbye to it for at least a couple of months.

My brother is a cop, my best friend is a cop, my uncle is a sheriff. They have next to no leeway in giving anybody a break if drinking is suspected. It's driven into them every roll call.