View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Session Variance?

[ QUOTE ]

I don't start getting cocky, however, I do know the opponents are really bad. Most of the time I can't believe they call raises with the hands they play and then luck out by flopping a boat, etc. And yes...When I had great starting hands like I mentioned in the OP either the flop didn't fit, or I'd have a draw to the nut low with the nut flush and I'd either get pushed out of the pot when a bad card hit on the turn, or (during the last hand I played) I got counterfeited on the river when a deuce hit and the donk held A3. All these little things add up to lost money and it's frustrating.

AC

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been through a similar run recently - getting counterfeited, boat over boat, getting chased down by backdoor flush draws, etc. I find it helps if I go over my session in Pokertracker using the hand history replayer. Almost always, I find a mistake that I made somewhere in the session, and it brings something positive out of a frustrating situation. It's also quite humurous sometimes, such as when I review a donk raise pre-flop into a multi-way pot with 8999 (actually happened!). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]