View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: 100NL I fold Overpair + 2NFD hear me out

[ QUOTE ]
176 : 62 isnt really near drawing for a flush that might not even be the nut flush. I like your other points but i disagree that the price is worth it because im killed too often

[/ QUOTE ]
What I said was that against a set you almost have the odds. If you're drawing against a set you're not fearing a higher fd. You have 10 outs giving you 3.5:1 when you get 2.84:1. Or if I put it this way:

176*0.222 - 62*0.778 = -$9

A call against a set loses you only $9 in the long run. What you're really concerned about here is how often he has AdA/Adxd and, to a lesser extent, a lower flush. Will the times he has hands like JdJ/TdT/Td8/Ad9 or two pair (a call is easily +EV against any two pairs) make up for the times you're drawing slim? Against an unknown I would say that's the case, especially since the pot is big enough in comparision to your remaining stacksizes for him to be pot committed with any combodraw etc, and in that case he might as well push himself. I've seen plenty of garbage in these situations, and readless a call should be clearly +EV.