View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: things a customer service rep said that pissed you off

Problems with customer service folks (phone reps) usually arise because most are trained not to think for themselves, but to follow the script. Mine:
When I purchased my phone, I knew I was going to be traveling to a certain area several times a year. Because of this, I SPECIFICALLY asked the sales rep whether I would have to worry about roaming in that area, and was SPECIFICALLY told know. My first bill, I have massive roaming charges for that area. I call customer service, and despite clearly explaining the mitigating circumstances, the only reply I could get was the script "that is in a roaming area." That is par for the course, but as I tried to explain again, she interrupted me. Hate that. So I tell her, "please let me finish." She was quiet, I explained, and there was silence. After five seconds, she VERY patronizingly said "are you finished?" I IMMEDIATELY asked to speak with a manager. After bitching out his employee and explaining the situation, the manager apologized, reversed the charges, and for my trouble, upgraded me TWO PLANS for the price of the one I had.

Live issues: I went to a T-Mobile store a little after 6 in the evening, and unfortunately, they had just closed, but the lights were on, and an employee was sitting on the counter right near the door. Wanting to ask where the nearest open store was, I knocked on the door. She tapped on her watch, and mouthed "closed." I said "I have a quick question." She blatantly rolled her eyes, opened the door, and said "WHAT?" I asked the question, she didn't have an answer, and I said thanks, and told her that in the future she probably shouldn't roll her eyes at a potential customer. She said "[censored] you," and closed the door. Wrote a letter.