View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Nothing Like Rockets OOP (FTP $50)

Before I post this hand, let me say a little something about myself, since this is my first post here. I started playing online in mid April with a deposit of $100 in FTP. From there, I grinded from $5 SNGs to the $10 NL 6-handed tables to the $25 NL 6-handed tables. I kept running this guy at the $25 tables who went by SirFelixCat. He was solid and I respected his play. At first, I tried to outplay him but realized it was best if I didn't tangle with at all, because he would kick my ass. We started talking one day and during one of our conversations, he encouraged me to post here. I jumped up to the $50 max tables last week and decided that I could use the help of other people analyzing my hands. Thanks in advance, everyone, and I hope I can help you guys as much as you can hopefully help me. To the hand:

I really had no idea where I was at on the flop after villain raised me. His range in my mind included AK, KQ, KJ, maybe JJ or 55. His stats were 31/13/1.59.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $56.75
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $68.25</font>
UTG: $10.60
MP: $18.80
CO: $16.80
BTN: $112.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $15.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($38.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $49.25</font>, BTN calls $29.25

<font color="black">River:</font> ($136.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $136.75 ($3 Rake)

Anyway, what do we think about this line? I don't know how I feel about it.