Thread: FTP Answers 6/7
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 6/7

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone who IS able to play? This really sucks, because while I'd like to play because I need to get in my days for Ironman, I'm not going to if this lag is so unbearable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing the 5K FTP WSOP satellite right now, and am not lagging. I have never lagged on FTP, though, and have both uber hardware (quad core, 4 GB RAM), and uber ISP (10 MBps cable, rock solid).

Jester

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice computer. I think it's kind of ridiculous that people would need a computer like that to play lag-free though. Unfortunately, the only stat that I can compare in is my internet connection (5Mbps FIOS).

[/ QUOTE ]

What's worse is... about 30 minutes after I wrote that, I noticed the lag. It must not have been as bad for me, but there was a series of a dozen hands where it was painful, and from then on it was noticeable.

If *I* was experiencing lag, then it 100% wasn't my computer (a "money is no object" system), and as a 20-year network administrator I'd lay long odds it wasn't my network -- not with the other reports of lag going on here.

I'll have to change my vote (like I have one). A rollback is probably called for... and my guess is it is server side, not client side. Here's hoping they roll back the server code overnight. It that necessitates a client-side rollback as well, then it's likely to be an ugly process. Saddenz.

Jester