View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: PFA question/checkup

i've never played on stars, but my guess is that you are very much an inferior player in comparison to the average opponent. maybe try the .25/.50 tables for a while.

just kidding.

i'm sure some of it deals with sample size. i'm not a statistician, but i would be fairly certain that's a reasonable assumption as to why your showdown numbers are down.

as for the PFA, are you waiting for the big streets to give action? at least moreso than you have in the past? have you increased your aggression in response to the increased aggression of the online games in general? you need to find your call button, and evaluate the times you should have used it. any hands stand out in particular? you don't need to post them in a separate thread if you don't want. just stick them in here if you think you played them differently than you would have 6 months or a year ago. for me, it's tough to really diagnose the reason as to why, but i will say i've heard of this very effect on an individuals PT stats after a layoff in play. i don't know why, but it happens sometimes.

my primary assumption is that you are trying to "out aggro" the overly-aggressive games and this has the result of increasing these postflop AF numbers. alot of bluff/semibluff raising occurs, especially on the turn, in the games today. if you generally counter these with aggression or folding, it's going to have the effect of influencing these stats, right?