View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 PM

Default SF86 - DoD Government Clearance Form...Advice?

IF anyone in OOT has ever had a govt clearance and had to fill out an SF86 form for a DoD clearance I need your help/advice...

few things:

1. People you know...what type of investigation is done here. Is it done by mail, phone, in person? DO they ask that person for another reference and then goto them too? I will be contacting all old friends/roommates to make sure they remember my life the same way I do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. Employment history - if you work for someone for a week and quit should I put that down or is it too short of a time to matter?

3. Alcohol offenses - I got an underage drinking ticket when I was 18. Paid the fine and thats it...was I convicted of a "crime". Is this an alcohol related "offense"?

4. Drugs...yea I've smoked pot but not for several years. Mostly through college...what's the deal with this. Never done anything but weed which I guess is a good thing.

5. Addresses, I lived in Las Vegas for ~5 months but had no permanent address (just a po box I set up when I bought a new car there) and rented from friends. I will not be putting this down on the form as it obviously points toward degeneracy, especially since I was playing p*ker and not working at the time. Any chance someone can find out about this?

6. Any other tips feel free to help me out.

I'm sure some of you old military guys know about this.

Here is a link to form, it's long and annoying

http://contacts.gsa.gov/webforms.nsf...$file/sf86.pdf