View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: WSOP $1500 NLHE Hand – ‘Experts’ Disagree, JJ with 21BBs

[ QUOTE ]
If the button or either of the blinds has 2750 chips or less then I definiteky like a call to induce a squeeze. Even if they are not short I think a call is probably best as you can shove over his cbet on any flop that is 2-Q high and reevaluate and probably fold if the flop is A/K high

If the table dynamics were such that others were shoving pf and if the blinds/button are deep then I might shove to represent a mid pair/AK. Picking up 900 chips is fairly significant to you and taking down the pot here is pretty nice. If the OR folds his AK/AQ/KQ the shove is inducing a mistake from him, if he has 88-TT he might put you on AK and call. If he has QQ+ you are SOL.

A raise to 1800 - call a shove is also fine but I think that this play is less likely to get called by 88-TT unless he is planning on stop and going you on an A/K/Q board. A raise to 1800 is better than a shove if you think that the villain will play honestly on the flop but it puts you in a rally dangerous chip level if you have to let go of the hand.

If I raise pf I am obv never folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't a raise to 1200 accomplish the same thing as a raise to 1800 in terms of representing a hand while at the same time giving you room to fold if he comes over the top?

Barry