View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Shoving over a neatly-stacked pot: normal practice or bad etiquett

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
then the stacks are matched up as that is the quickest and best way to make them equal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a quick note on this. I know about 80% of the dealers out there are going to disagree with me, but stacks should not be matched.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is an excellent point. I've seen some mighty awful messes created by matching stacks.

I've seen the dealer and players get TOTALLY confused as to which stacks were which. Dealer has shoved 'em all around and started matching a few and then got the already matched ones confused with the not-yet-matched ones and BOOM...total cluster f that took 15 minutes to deal with because the players didn't know or disagreed as to how much they started with.

And there are the times the dealer is matching things, then jumbles everything together with the main and starts to push forgetting about the side pot, which was actually the one the stacks should have been mixed with. Now you have to try to recreate the betting to figure out how big the main pot was and sort it out.

At the same time, it DOES speed things up if all goes well. So as long as you're a dealer that doesn't make mistakes, go ahead and match. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]