View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Tough Spot w/ QQ in Blinds (10/20)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm off now to put some gel in my thick head of hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ZING!

OP, don't listen to them. This might seem standard to some players, but it gave you problems so you posted it here. This is the whole point of the forum. They guys who are giving you a hard time about this hand are jerks.

I would fire again on the turn. I think it will fold the majority of kings. Villain might have called with
77 thinking that you had AQ, AJ, etc. Fire again, if you check you are giving him a chance to take it away from you. If he calls the turn, then I check-fold the river usually

It is a little dependant on how often you have been raising the sb as well and the dynamic you have been having with previous BB vs SB hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because someone bets or checks or calls, it doesn't change the cards in their hand. I think betting the turn is a mistake. We are now betting turn as a bluff against two overs oop against a dumb player? That is dumb. Check/fold as a standard line on the turn, or check call if you think you have a read on bet sizing. Firing the turn again turns QQ into nothing. You have second and a half pair (I just made that up). If you had 67 here i dont think you ever bet again. Treat it like 67 and play from there.