View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: POG Movie/Music/TV Club Thread

I've seen High Fidelity, but it was a while ago, and the only thing I really remember is Jack Black rocking out at the end, and that girl from the Cosby show being in it. That was the right movie, right?

I'm excited about listening to the Beta Band, cause from your description, they sound like something I might like.

Haven't seen Time Bandits, I'll check it out though. I'm not too excited about it at this point, but I'll give anything a try. I love movies, so I figure I might as well see all of them at least once.

Music-wise I like a lot of things, but I also dislike a lot of things. I don't want to be one of those people that says "I like all kinds of music" because they annoy me, and I really don't. The range is wide though. I love pop-py guitar music (Jack Johnson, John Mayer, etc), first and foremost. There was a thread back in the Mod's playground when it was music-themed that had a bunch of artists in it that I already loved and have fallen in love with. Joshua Radin, Jose Gonzalez, and a bunch of others. I think I still have the thread book marked somewhere if anyone wants to check it out. The first band I'm going to make you all listen to is Kings of Convenience, who I found in that thread. They have a really mellow sound, really nice voices, and its fun to just lay around and listen to. I definitely recommend "Quiet is the New Loud", because I'm lining up another of their CDs in the queue for the club.

Secondly, I love rap music. I'm not that into most Lil' Jon or anything where the lyrics are "Suck my dick bitch, yeah you suckin on my dick" or anything along those lines, but I love calm and introspective hip hop. Lupe Fiasco is really good, Jay Z is awesome. On the other side of things, Lil Wayne is y favorite rapper of all time. His lyrics are just mind-blowing sometimes. I also like LLoyd Banks and Fabolous because they use a lot of 4 and 5 syllable rhymes, which takes more skill than "blah blah gun, blah blah fun, blah blah gat, blah blah cat". I hate 50 cent. I like old Eminem.

I like classic rock (AC/DC etc), alternative rock (STP, Nirvana, etc), pop-punk (Blink 182, old Green Day), some emo (My Chemical Romance), some classical, some bluegrass, not current country. I love Sublime and Jeff Buckley.

As far as movies go, its hard to describe my taste. I like a lot of specific movies and dislike a lot of specific movies, but it'd be too hard to say what genres I like and dislike, since its all so scattered. I'm not really into gore-fests like House of 1000 Corpses or The Hills Have Eyes. I like older Tarantino, and I love Guy Ritchie movies.