View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Lindsay Lohan and Rehab

Sniper,

I know two people who do oxycontin and it weirds me out. They are such intelligent exceptional individuals. Everyone who knows them can tell they have such promise and unique offerings and yet they seem either bored or very troubled. Obviously it's addictive as hell. When I urged one of them to seek treatment, he goes "that will never happen." Really sad in my mind but he certainly didn't see it that way.

Context -

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the more active your brain is (and possibly having a higher IQ), the more likely you are to take drugs or take silly risks that in hindsight look stupid. If humans need to push boundaries, the more active brain will surely seek the further boundaries to push against?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wondered this myself. Basically I've given up trying to figure it out but the only conclusion I can come to is that the brain is incomprehensible. There are different kinds of intelligence. One of the smartest guys I know is a total pot addict and prescription pill popper. We can talk to him 'til we're blue in the face and it has no impact. He's probably a genius in IQ. His parents are really frustrated with him because he refuses to get a job and yet he is clearly no idiot. I've decided that I need to stop asking myself why an intelligent guy would choose to abuse drugs. The areas of the brain that govern this kind of decision making process seem to be separate from the area of the brain that is logical.