View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: How to avoid crushing suck-outs over and over and over....?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so you get your money in good and lose? It happens

Post in beats, brags and variance ... they'll help you

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was hoping for some sort of strategic thinking that might help in the decision making process. My perception of the other forum is that it is a place to brag about winning and whine about losing.

In the past, I would agree with your comments about getting my money in with the best hand. I just wonder if I'm on a bad streak or there is some other strategy one should employ in tournaments such as these.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,so you got some though replies,and no wonder,for this being your first post,it comes across as somewhat whiney,and,like someone already said,this is a strategy forum.

Anyhoo,I'll try to be nice here and give you an example....

You are in the WSOP ME,and it's bubbletime,one of the money,and you are 2nd in chips overall. You are in the BB,everybody folds around to the SB,who happens to be the chipleader. He goes all-in,you look down at AA. What do you do??

You call ofcourse,SB(prob Jamie Gold) turns over 2-5o,flop comes 2-2-5. Thankyou and goodbye.

You would never fold in this situation ever,you just happened to get unlucky.Money went in good,he drew out on you. Usually things aren't as clear cut obviously,but the moral of the story....as lons as your money goes in ina good spot,you did your job.

Even with this sick beat,you are "only" a little better than 4:1,so you will lose 1 out of 5 times.6:4? Lose 4 out of 10 times. There's no strategy to avoid bad beats.This is the simplest of math,if your money goes in before all the cards are dealt,the numbers take over. And similar to that,just because you lost on AA last time you had'em,doesn't mean you'd win 4 in a row before they are cracked again. If you were to play 50000 hands a month,you'd see that the numbers will pretty much even themselves out. If you are like me,playing mainly live,the number of hands you see are a lot smaller,and the bad runs seem to last a lot longer....on the upside,the good ones go on for a while to....I think