View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Lowest EV wager ever?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This bet can't win, and only pays 200-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, of course ICY, but hyperbole makes EVERYTHING better. I don't even think the end of the world bet was literally ZERO EV; just because I can't figure out a way that the world could've ended and a bettor then received some form of payout, doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I don't see either bet as literally being a 0% chance (at the time it was offered), and I'm also not entirely convinced that the end of the world possibility was really 500 times less likely than Bush getting elected in the 2008 election. 300 times less likely, perhaps, but if so the Bush bet is still lower EV.

Nothing is impossible, only highly improbable. There are absolutely no absolutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think there is a way to get paid on an end of world type bet, then you pick the date, and I will take as much action as you want. I say it won't end, you say it will. I will give you $1 Million for every $1 wagered. I am even willing to take up to say $1 Million in wagers on this. If ya win, I will pay ya out in Hell. How does that sound?

-Brendan